There are affiliate links in many of the posts on this site. This means your purchase supports myself, my business, and my family when you click through to buy - at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
– classroom management must start on day ONE!
– consistency is key
– how to run reading workshop
– math facts ARE important!
– games can be educational too
– that everything doesn’t need to be perfect
– that it’s healthier for me to have a life outside of school
– that parents are going to get upset from time to time
– sorry goes a long way
– sometimes it’s better to seek forgiveness than ask permission
– that my room doesn’t have to look picture perfect from day one!
– occasionally a movie or educational video is just what is needed (even if it’s only 10-15 minutes long!)
– educational books can be a lifesaver, but I need to read for pleasure too
– an extra recess now and then can save everyone’s sanity!
– bribery isn’t all bad, but it doesn’t work long term
– respect your peers – you don’t know as much as you think you do!
There you have it! Short, sweet, but exactly what I want to go back in time and tell myself. What would you add to the list?