These 10 FREE video writing prompts are a great way to engage upper elementary, middle school, or special education students with a quick, easy writing activity.
These require NO PREP, so they make a great last minute download. They are perfect for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade students.
This file is meant to be downloaded and then projected on an overhead or ActivBoard for the class. It is available in widescreen format.
The file is in PowerPoint. You need PowerPoint 97 or newer to open this file.
You will be able to edit this download to better fit your classroom or homeschool needs. Simply delete the “Caption this” text to write your own prompts or give verbal directions.
WHAT YOU GET:
- 10 EDITABLE video writing prompts in PowerPoint
- 5 EDITABLE writing prompt response sheets in PowerPoint (three “caption this” sheets, one pre-writing sheet, and one paragraph writing response sheet)
Please note that someone needs to hit the “play” button to start the video. While the still videos can be used at photo writing prompts, you do need to start the video to get the animation going. Most videos have .
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Writing centers, stations, or rotations
- On days when you are short on time for a writing lesson
- On days where students have lost focus and you still want to squeeze some writing in
- When you want to take a break from a larger writing project, but need something engaging to fill the time
- In the special education classroom where too many words or images can overwhelm
- These also could work for Virtual Learning, eLearning, Distant Learning (or Distance Education), e-learning, Online Learning, or Remote Learning situations where the teacher is able to share their screen with students
Thanks for looking!