Check out this FREE Letter A download! Need to master the letter A with your preschool or Kindergarten students? (It also makes a great review for 1st graders as they start work on long vowel sounds.) Then check out this 22 page Letter A packet with worksheets and activities. You get long AND short A vowel activities!
These worksheets all help reinforce the VOWAC Letter A phrases “ant on apple” and “Amy the angel”.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Coloring Pages
- Cut & Paste Activities (one each for long and short A)
- Blank Pages for Crafts
- Dabber Pages
- Playdough Mats
- Letter A Mazes
HOW CAN THESE BE USED?
- Letter A centers, stations, or rotations
- Letter recognition practice and review
- Small groups or guided reading
- Winter or Christmas break or summer break packets for home
- Homeschool or Tot School (my kids loved these starting at age 3!)
- as supplemental activities for the full VOWAC program
- for daycares where a preschool aspect is used
These worksheets are great for helping a child who is just learning letters or they make a great review for the child who knows all of his/her letters.
The child should be able to complete the sheets independently, depending on age and ability. These worksheets can be used during phonics, reading, writing, or center time! (You can even laminate them to be used multiple times for multiple kiddos!)
VOWAC stands for Vowel Oriented Word Attack Course. The VOWAC program utilizes the Orton-Gillingham approach. You can learn more about it here.
Thank you for looking!