These MULTIPLICATION pumpkin puzzles are a great way for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade classroom or homeschool students to get some fun multiplication practice in. Paper AND digital options available! Use them as a fall activity, Halloween math center, or Thanksgiving puzzle. Use them for math activities, centers, or game. With no prep options – these are the perfect last minute resource!
LOOKING TO SAVE SOME MONEY? THIS PUMPKIN PUZZLE IS PART OF A YEAR ROUND BUNDLE. GRAB IT NOW TO SAVE MORE THAN 30%!
WHAT YOU GET:
- Three easier PDF pumpkin puzzles (12 pieces each) with 17 problems to match with mixed facts 0-12
- Three harder PDF pumpkin puzzle options (19 pieces each) with 29 multiplication problems for facts 0-12
- No Prep options of the six puzzles above
- No Prep digital puzzles compatible with Google Slides of all six puzzles
- Two editable rubric options
- There is a puzzle mat with the actual puzzle pieces so students can put their pieces over the top OR a blank outline as a guide, but not direct help. Use these for students who need a bit more support with the puzzle shape.
- You also get writing prompts to use with this shape. I recommend sharing a prompt with the class and putting these up behind or beside the completed puzzle as hall or bulletin board displays.
WANT AN EDITABLE PUMPKIN YOU CAN USE FOR ANY SUBJECT OR GRADE LEVEL? CLICK HERE TO GRAB IT NOW!
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Distance learning via Google Slides puzzle options
- Centers, stations, or rotations
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- anytime during fall, autumn, Halloween, or Thanksgiving
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
- Great activity to practice multiplication facts! The students loved the puzzle and it really made them think. It also led to great conversations and sharing of strategies between students. Thank you!
- My students have loved having this and the football version as “early finisher” activities! It’s shocking how many students will beg for more puzzles!
- SUPER cute! Awesome way to practice facts!
- My kids love doing these puzzles when they are finished with their work. They go perfect with our multiplication unit!!
- This was a great activity for students to practice multiplication facts! I used it as morning work for students!
- Plus hundreds of other satisfied customers!
OTHER RESOURCES YOU MAY ENJOY:
→ All my Fall resources
→ All my Halloween resources
→ All of my Thanksgiving resources
If you want a multiplication puzzle you can use at ANY time of year, check out this Multiplication Magic Square Puzzle.
Let your students practice their multiplication facts with these fun Pumpkin Shaped Multiplication Math Center Puzzles. They are perfect for fall math centers! Each of the three puzzles will have students match 17 or 29 different multiplication problems by matching the 12 or 19 puzzle pieces that contains 0x0 through 12×12 mixed multiplication facts.
There are two options for the puzzles. One option is each of the six puzzles in its full pumpkin shape. The other option is the puzzle pieces separate so students do not know the final shape. These “cut out” sheets are meant to be given directly to the students to cut out and put together so they don’t know the shape. These will be more challenging. Plus they are no prep – just print and go!
Plus you also get a digital option where all six puzzles are available in Google Slides. Assign the page you want each student to have – perhaps via Google Classroom – and they can complete it virtually with no copying needed!
An editable PowerPoint file has been included as a center rubric. A full page option and half page option are both included. Print these out for immediate use, or change the wording and format to fit the needs of YOUR students.
Want even more puzzles like these? Check out this division set, this addition set, or this subtraction set!
This will help address Common Core State Standards 3.OA.C.7
These puzzles are meant to be somewhat of a challenge. Students will have to keep in mind the shape of the pumpkin. The middle pieces are the most challenging. Tell students to rotate them around until they fit. This is where their critical thinking skills will come into play! These also work well to promote a growth mindset.
Would you prefer a Thanksgiving turkey math center? Check out this turkey math center! Or maybe you’re on the lookout for a Halloween math center. If so, check out this Halloween cat math center!
These Fall Pumpkin Multiplication Math center Puzzles are great for fall math centers, review, early and fast finishers, enrichment, GATE (gifted and talented education), and critical thinking skills.
Students with special needs also do well with these once they understand the concept. Any student that needs a lesson in perseverance will benefit from these puzzles. With this fun game format your students will stay engaged while practicing necessary skills!
Just print and quickly cut on the lines (or simply print the NO PREP option) and you have instant Halloween math centers that make skill practice fun and engaging. If you have some extra time, let your third, fourth, or fifth graders decorate the finished pumpkin. These colored masterpieces can then be used as artwork for the classroom, to help decorate a bulletin board, or be hung in the hallway to add some festive art flair. (And no administrator complaints since it’s an academic activity!)
Homeschool Families: You’re going to love these puzzles as a last minute, print and go resource! The next time you have a crazy hectic home school day – grab, download, and go! You’ll instantly get your sanity back, fit in some academic work, AND have fun at the same time.
Correcting is easy when you use the original fully formed pumpkin to ensure all the numbers are in the correct order and the shape is fully created.
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? Want to receive updates every time I post a new resource? Click here to follow my store now!
Thanks for looking!
Here are some other great Fall Math Centers you can use for games or activities with your class!
Fall Math Activities: Division Pumpkin Puzzles
Fall Math Activities: Subtraction Pumpkin Puzzles
Fall Math Centers: Addition Pumpkin Puzzles
Fall Math Games: Adding and Subtracting within 1000
And if you want great fall, Halloween, or Thanksgiving literacy centers – check these out!
Fall Literacy Centers Irregular Plural Nouns Puzzles
Fall Literacy Centers | Antonyms Pumpkin Puzzle
Fall Literacy Centers | Pumpkin Puzzles
Fall Literacy Centers | Synonyms Pumpkin Puzzle
Fall Literacy Centers: Contractions
Fall Literacy Centers: Irregular Verbs Pumpkin Puzzles