These Subtracting Fractions Puzzles are great activities for a math center game. They provide a great way to get students a hands-on, engaging critical thinking game for extra practice. Plus this math center activity is a quick and easy way for teachers to provide meaningful learning that meets the needs of elementary 4th or 5th grade students!
These Subtracting Fractions puzzles help students practice matching the problem with solution. Please look at the preview to see the exact puzzles and differentiation options available.
WHAT YOU GET:
- SEVEN PDF puzzles (Look at the preview to see how each puzzle gets increasingly harder to allow for differentiation.)
- FOUR versions of each PDF puzzle above
- SEVEN Digital Puzzles
- FOUR versions of the digital puzzle above
- Two editable rubrics in PowerPoint
- One editable exit slip in PowerPoint
- #1 – Common Denominators & Unit Fractions – No Reducing
- #2 – Common Denominators & Unit Fractions – Mixed Reducing
- #3 – Subtracting From One, Mixed Reducing
- #4 – Simple Different Denominators (one can be changed into the other)
- #5 – Easier Complex Denominators
- #6 – Harder Complex Denominators
- #7 – Factors of 100
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Centers, stations, or rotations
- Fraction Review
- Distance Learning due to Google Slides compatibility
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- Test prep
Thanks for looking!
~Heather aka HoJo~