This policy is valid from November 2011.
HoJo’s Teaching Adventures, LLC is owned and operated in South Dakota of the United States of America.
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by Heather Jo Whetham-Fergen and sometimes guest bloggers. The blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, and other forms of compensation. This compensation will never influence the content, topics, or posts made in this blog. All advertising posts will be identified at the start of a blog post.
The blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This is an affiliate advertising program designed to allow this blog to earn advertising fess by advertising and linking to amazon.com, but there is no additional cost to you.
This site contains links to other websites that may request information from you. Please refer to those sites privacy policies before providing them with any personal information.
How We Use Your Information
With your consent, we may collect your information to receive emails, register for a course, use a membership site, download a freebie, join a giveaway, or buy materials on this site. As a visitor to this site, you can engage in blog reading and many other activities without providing any personal information.
If you opt in to receive emails, register for a course, use a membership site, download a freebie, join a giveaway, or buy materials on this site – you may be subscribed to our free newsletter. You can opt out of this newsletter at any time – simply use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every e-mail we send. If you have trouble opting out, send an email and you will be manually removed.
Typically we only request your first name and email to join our newsletter. However, we may also ask for more personal information – such as your last name, mailing address, telephone, credit card, and more. If you choose to not provide this information (which is your right!), you will not be able to engage in that activity.
We will only collect personal identification information from you if you voluntarily submit such information to us. We do not sell or give away your information to third parties.
Our technology services use “cookies” during your visit. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred over the web. This cookie cannot deliver viruses, but it does serve as a identification card. We may get affiliate income, traffic data, or other information because you are using these cookies. If you want, set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie – then you can choose whether or not to accept it.
Here are more ways in which we use your personal data, if you choose to use this site and/or opt in to these options:
- Email newsletter
- FREE downloads via email, Dropbox, Google Drive, and others
- Advertising on Facebook, Pinterest, or other social media platforms
- Sales on this site
- By using “cookies” for outside sites
- Affiliate income through Amazon and other sites
This site governed by the laws of the State of South Dakota, the Contractor’s state of business registration.
Effective date: May 19, 2018
HoJo’s Teaching Adventures, LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the http://hojosteachingadventures.com/ http://hojoslifeadventures.com/ and http://theacademicva.com websites and each site’s mobile application (the “Service”).
Service means the http://hojosteachingadventures.com/ website and the HoJo’s Teaching Adventures mobile application operated by HoJo’s Teaching Adventures, LLC
- Personal Data
- Usage Data
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection And Use
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time, through your device settings.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
Use of Data
HoJo’s Teaching Adventures, LLC uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
HoJo’s Teaching Adventures, LLC may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
HoJo’s Teaching Adventures, LLC will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer Of Data
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, HoJo’s Teaching Adventures, LLC may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
HoJo’s Teaching Adventures, LLC may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of HoJo’s Teaching Adventures, LLC
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
“Do Not Track” Signals
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. HoJo’s Teaching Adventures, LLC aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where HoJo’s Teaching Adventures, LLC relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
We may use third-party Service Providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Service.
- Google AdSense & DoubleClick Cookie
You may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick Cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the Google Ads Settings web page: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
Pinterest remarketing service is provided by Pinterest Inc.
You can opt-out from Pinterest’s interest-based ads by enabling the “Do Not Track” functionality of your web browser or by following Pinterest instructions: http://help.pinterest.com/en/articles/personalization-and-data
The payment processors we work with are:
- PayPal or Braintree
Links To Other Sites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org