This Multiplying Decimals Math Center Game is a great way to get your students a hands-on, engaging critical thinking game! Plus this math center activity is a quick and easy way for teachers to provide meaningful learning that meets the needs of all students!
WHAT YOU GET:
- One PDF puzzle where students practice multiplying decimals (scroll down to see the numbers included)
- FOUR versions of the puzzle above so you can differentiate and meet student’s needs
- NO PREP options for all of the puzzle options above
- FOUR DIGITAL versions of the puzzle (compatible with Google Drive)
- Two editable rubrics in PowerPoint
- One editable exit slip in PowerPoint
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Centers, stations, or rotations
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- Use the digital options for distance learning or remote education
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
- This game is great to laminate and put a magnet on the back and then put on a cookie sheet. It then acts like a puzzle and the kids enjoy trying to put it together.
- I left this for students to do after their assignments a day I was out. The substitute was impressed with my kids persistance and ability to use their problem solving skills to figure out the correct combination. Great resource!
- My kiddos loved this resource! Thank you so much!!!
- My students loved this activity so much they hardly realized they were working math problems. Cute graphics!
- My students love this game. Even after solving it 2-3 times, they still enjoy doing the problems!
OTHER RESOURCES YOU MAY ENJOY:
- All DIGITAL Distance Learning items in HoJo’s store
- Place Value Magic Square Puzzle Math Center Games Bundle
- Rounding Magic Square Puzzles Math Center Games
- Telling Time Math Center Game Bundle
Have your students practice their basic multiplying decimals skills. Magic Square Puzzles make it quick and easy for teachers to provide hands on activities that meet the needs of all students!
**Each magic square requires students to match 24 decimal multiplication problems to their answer!**
There is one puzzle in this resource, but there are four options for it. One with graphics and numbers around the outside, one with graphics and NO numbers around the outside, a third option with no graphics but numbers around the outside, and the final option with graphics but NO numbers around the outside. Choose which make sense for your class, or differentiate to meet individual needs.
All of the puzzles mentioned above are included in a digital format compatible with Google Drive. You will download a PDF that has the link, directions, and an example video included.
Finally, each puzzle comes in a “pre cut”, no prep format! Simply print the page you want your students to complete and then they cut out the puzzle and put it together. Print and go! It doesn’t get much easier!!
This means the entire resource is made up of eight puzzle options! You’ll have to decide which to print to best meet the needs of your students.
An editable PowerPoint file has been included as a center rubric. A full page option and half page option are both included. Print these out for immediate use, or change the wording and format to fit the needs of YOUR students.
Multiplying decimals problems included are:
0.3 x 0.4 = 0.12
3 x 0.4 = 1.2
4 x 0.5 = 2.0
0.4 x 0.5 = 0.2
0.9 x 1 = 0.9
0.9 x 0.1 = 0.09
0.2 x 0.8 = 0.16
2 x 0.8 = 1.6
7 x 0.6 = 0.42
0.7 x 0.6 = 0.42
0.4 x 0.9 = 0.36
4 x 0.9 = 3.6
0.7 x 0.5 = 0.35
5 x 0.7 = 3.5
0.4 x 0.4 = 0.16
0.4 x 0.04 = 0.016
6 x 0.03 = 0.18
0.06 x 0.3 = 0.018
0.7 x 0.2 = 0.14
7 x 0.002 = 0.014
0.3 x 0.7 = 0.21
7 x 0.003 = 0.021
0.6 x 0.8 = 0.48
0.006 x 8 = 0.048
Magic Square Puzzles are great for centers, review, early and fast finishers, enrichment, GATE (gifted and talented education), and critical thinking skills. Students with special needs also do well with these once they understand the concept. Any student that needs a lesson in perseverance will benefit from Magic Square Puzzles. With this fun game format your students will stay engaged while practicing necessary skills!
Just print and quickly cut on the lines and you have instant multiplying decimals learning centers that make skill practice fun and engaging.
Want an update every time I post a new resource? You’ll also get my monthly newsletter right in your inbox. Click here to follow my store now!
Thanks for looking!