These Multiplying Fractions by Whole Numbers are great activities for a math center game. They provide a great way to get students a hands-on, engaging critical thinking game for extra practice.
Plus this math center activity is a quick and easy way for teachers to provide meaningful learning that meets the needs of elementary 5th grade students in the classroom or at home!
These dividing unit fraction and whole numbers puzzles help students practice matching the problem with solution.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Seven PDF puzzles (some are similar numbers – see below for more information)
- FOUR versions of each PDF puzzle above
- Seven Digital Puzzles
- FOUR versions of the digital puzzles above
- Two editable rubrics in PowerPoint
- One editable exit slip in PowerPoint
- Puzzle #1 – Understand a fraction as a multiple of a unit fraction – less than 1
- Puzzle #2 – Challenge! Puzzle #1 with reduced answers (multiple repeats)
- Puzzle #3 – Understand a fraction as a multiple of a unit fraction – less than 1 (continued)
- Puzzle #4 – Challenge! Puzzles 2 and 3 combined, all reduced
- Puzzle #5 – Equivalent Expressions
- Puzzle #6 – Improper Fractions, not reduced
- Puzzle #7 – Copy of puzzle 6, converted to mixed numbers and reduced
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Centers, stations, or rotations
- Distance Learning due to Google Slides compatibility
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- Test prep
Thanks for looking!
~Heather aka Hojo~