These Adding Mixed Numbers Fraction Puzzles are great activities for a math center game. They provide a great way to get students a hands-on, engaging critical thinking game for extra practice. Plus this math center activity is a quick and easy way for teachers to provide meaningful learning that meets the needs of elementary 4th or 5th grade students!
These Adding Mixed Number Fraction puzzles help students practice matching the problem with solution. Please look at the preview to see the exact puzzles and differentiation options available.
WHAT YOU GET:
- SIX PDF puzzles (Look at the preview to see how each puzzle gets increasingly harder to allow for differentiation.)
- FOUR versions of each PDF puzzle above
- SIX Digital Puzzles
- Two editable rubrics in PowerPoint
- One editable exit slip in PowerPoint
- Puzzle #1 – Whole Number + a Fraction
- Puzzle #2 – No Regrouping, Not Simplified
- Puzzle #3 – Adding to a Whole Number
- Puzzle #4 – Adding with Regrouping with No Simplifying
- Puzzle #5 – Mixed Regrouping and Simplifying
- Puzzle #6 – Whole Numbers + Improper Fractions (More Than 1, but Less Than 2)
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Centers, stations, or rotations
- Distance Learning due to Google Slides compatibility
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- Test prep
Thanks for looking!
~Heather aka Hojo~