These Adding and Subtracting Fractions – Mixed Numbers – Puzzles are great activities for a math center game. They provide a great way to get students a hands-on, engaging critical thinking game for extra practice.
Plus this math center activity is a quick and easy way for teachers to provide meaningful learning that meets the needs of elementary 4th or 5th grade students!
These Adding and Subtracting Mixed Number Fraction puzzles help students practice matching the problem with solution.
WHAT YOU GET:
- EIGHT PDF puzzles (Look at the preview to see how each puzzle gets increasingly harder to allow for differentiation.)
- FOUR versions of each PDF puzzle above
- EIGHT Digital Puzzles
- TWO versions of the digital puzzle above
- Two editable rubrics in PowerPoint
- One editable exit slip in PowerPoint
- Puzzle #1 – Adding Fractions with easier, different denominators
- Puzzle #2 – Subtracting Fractions with easier, different denominators
- Puzzle #3 – Adding Fractions with harder, different denominators
- Puzzle #4 – Subtracting Fractions with harder, different denominators
- Puzzle #5 – Adding Mixed Numbers and Fractions
- Puzzle #6 – Subtracting Mixed Numbers and Fractions
- Puzzle #7 – Adding Mixed Numbers
- Puzzle #8 – Subtracting Mixed Numbers
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Centers, stations, or rotations
- Distance Learning due to Google Slides compatibility
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- Test prep
Thanks for looking!
~Heather aka Hojo~
There are no reviews yet.