These cat multiplication math puzzles make it quick and easy for teachers to provide hands on games that meet the needs of all students. Paper AND digital options available!
Use them for Halloween or anytime in October. They work great as activities, centers, stations, or games. With a no prep option – these are the perfect last minute resource for your 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade students!
SAVE 30% BY PURCHASING THIS MULTIPLICATION HOLIDAY & SEASONAL MATH CENTERS BUNDLE. It includes this Multiplication Cat Puzzle.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Three PDF puzzle options (18 pieces ea ch) with 25 multiplication problems using facts 0-12
- Three harder PDF puzzle options (20 pieces each) with 28 multiplication problems using facts 0-12
- No Prep options of the six puzzles above
- No Prep digital puzzles compatible with Google Slides of all six puzzles
- Two editable rubric options
- There is a puzzle mat with the actual puzzle pieces so students can put their pieces over the top OR a blank outline as a guide, but not direct help. Use these for students who need a bit more support with the puzzle shape.
- You also get writing prompts to use with this shape. I recommend sharing a prompt with the class and putting these up behind or beside the completed puzzle as hall or bulletin board displays.
**Please note – Most of my seasonal puzzles contain only three differentiated puzzle options. Having six options is a plus!**
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Centers, stations, or rotations
- Distance learning via Google Slides puzzle options
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- Halloween Day (or anytime in October)
- for any novel or book study about a cat as a math supplement
- for cat lovers!
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
- A wonderful resource for my own child who struggles with multiplication and loves cats! Very motivating!
- My kids love these puzzles!
- Great way to practice fact fluency! Thank you!
- My students got so excited when they saw that we were making cat puzzles!
There are six PDF puzzles included in this download – three easier puzzles and three more challenging options. Plus you also get a NO PREP option of each of those puzzles. This means there are 12 total puzzle options! Choose which option works best for your students.
These puzzles help address CCSS 3.OA.C.7
The no prep PDF puzzles are a great option if you want students to get some fine motor cutting practice and NOT know the final shape. These “cut out” sheets are meant to be given directly to the students to cut out and put together so they don’t know the shape. These will be more challenging. But they are no prep – just print and go!
Plus you also get a digital option where all six puzzles are available in Google Slides. Assign the page you want each student to have – perhaps via Google Classroom – and they can complete it virtually with no copying needed!
An editable PowerPoint file has been included as a center rubric. A full page option and half page option are both included. Print these out for immediate use, or change the wording and format to fit the needs of YOUR students.
Use these puzzles anytime you need a fun math activity – particularly for Halloween Day or anytime in October. Students with special needs also do well with these once they understand the concept. With this fun game format your students will stay engaged while practicing necessary skills!
These puzzles are meant to be somewhat of a challenge – which is perfect to promote a growth mindset. Students will have to keep in mind the shape of the cat and persevere if the task seems challenging. Tell students to rotate the pieces around and analyze what they can do differently until they fit. This is where their critical thinking and 21st Century skills will come into play!
Just print and quickly cut on the lines (or simply print the NO PREP option) and you have instant Halloween math centers that make skill practice fun and engaging. If you have some extra time, let your third, fourth, or fifth graders decorate the finished cat. These colored masterpieces can then be used as artwork for the classroom, to help decorate a bulletin board, or be hung in the hallway to add some festive art flair. (And no administrator complaints since it’s an academic activity!)
Homeschool Families: You’re going to love these puzzles as a last minute, print and go resource! The next time you have a crazy hectic home school day – grab, download, and go! You’ll instantly get your sanity back, fit in some academic work, AND have fun at the same time.
Answer key included! Correcting is easy when you use the original fully formed cat to ensure all the words are in the correct order and the shape is fully created.
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? Want to receive updates every time I post a new resource? Click here to follow my store now!
Thanks for looking!