These Multiplying Fractions are great activities for a math center game. They provide a great way to get students a hands-on, engaging critical thinking game for extra practice.
Plus this math center activity is a quick and easy way for teachers to provide meaningful learning that meets the needs of elementary 5th grade students in the classroom or at home!
These multiplying unit fraction and whole numbers puzzles help students practice matching the problem with solution.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Nine PDF puzzles (some are similar numbers – see below for more information)
- FOUR versions of each PDF puzzle above
- Nine Digital Puzzles
- FOUR versions of the digital puzzles above
- Two editable rubrics in PowerPoint
- One editable exit slip in PowerPoint
- Puzzle 1 – Unit Fractions
- Puzzle 2 – Non-Unit Fractions
- Puzzle 3 – Improper Fractions x Fractions
- Puzzle 4 – Improper Fractions x Fractions (answers given as reduced fractions &
- Puzzle 5 – Improper Fractions x Fractions (answers given as reduced improper
- Puzzle 6 – Improper Fractions x Fractions (answers given as reduced mixed
- Puzzle 7 – Mixed Numbers x Whole Numbers
- Puzzle 8 – Mixed Numbers x Fractions (repeat of puzzles 3 & 4 as mixed numbers)
- Puzzle 9 – Improper Fractions x Improper Fractions (repeat of puzzles 5 & 6 as
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Centers, stations, or rotations
- Distance Learning due to Google Slides compatibility
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- Test prep
Thanks for looking!
~Heather aka Hojo~