Hands-on 1st grade literacy puzzles are a great way to keep learning fun and exciting! Use them as a worksheet alternative in your classroom or homeschool. You’ll be bringing critical thinking skills into your ELA lessons with the variety of puzzle options. The best part? Kids will be having so much fun they won’t even realize they’re learning!
READY TO PURCHASE RIGHT NOW?
Here are the topics included.
You get eleven different downloads with over 35 different puzzles – many with multiple options.
These puzzles are great for –
- ELA or literacy centers, stations, or rotations
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- Online or distance learning (with the puzzles that have digital options)
Students are motivated by these puzzles. They want to finish the puzzle and feel successful! They work hard and figure it out. Plus they’re working on their perserverance skills too!
Ooooo – another fun fact! This bundles is over ***70% off***! I know what a teacher’s budget is like, so I wanted to make these super affordable for you!
Let’s dive into the individual puzzles even more!
Here are the 50+ first grade literacy puzzles included –
WHAT YOU GET:
- 1st Grade Sight Words (25 puzzles) *#^
- S Blend Words (2 puzzles)**^
- L Blend Words (2 puzzles)**^
- R Blend Words (2 puzzles)**^
- AR & AKE Words (1 puzzle)**^
- NK Ending Words (1 puzzle)**^
- Double Ending Consonants F L S (1 puzzle)**^
- Medial A CVC Words (3 puzzles)**^
- CVCC Words (3 puzzles)**^
- CCVC Words (2 puzzles)**^
- Blends & Digraphs (4 puzzles)**^
- Ending Blends & Digraphs (4 puzzles)**^
- Short Vowel Words Mixed Review (2 puzzles)**^
- *PDF printables with four options of each
- **PDF printables with two options of each
- # 2×2 square options
- ^ 3×3 square options
Here is a visual to help you better understand the puzzles. You can choose which works best for your students OR pick and choose to differentiate within the same class.
Let’s go through all the awesomeness in these 1st Grade Literacy Puzzles one more time!
- Thirteen literacy puzzles (with over 50 puzzles included)
- Digital options of some puzzles, compatible with Google Slides
- Editable rubric and exit slip in PowerPoint
How can these puzzles be used? I’m so glad you asked! Myself and THOUSANDS of others have used these puzzles as literacy centers, stations, or rotations. They’re also great for review and early or fast finishers. They can be used for enrichment, GATE (gifted and talented students), worksheet alternatives, critical thinking skills, ELA test prep, and even partner or small group collaboration.
If you think your students will need more support, I’ve got you covered! This entire article is written with extension and support ideas. And I can honestly say that I’ve had students with special needs finish these puzzles more quickly than their gifted classmates, and I’ve seen the most studious students have a productive struggle when trying these for the first time. BUT the majority of my students fall in love with these puzzles and honestly beg to do them over again once they understand the concept!
I’ve found that doing a puzzle together as a whole class helps the first time. This way students understand that they are looking for a picture of a crab on the first puzzle piece matches up to the word crab on the second puzzle piece.
YOUR LAST CHANCE TO PURCHASE IS RIGHT HERE!