This fun fall math game for adding and subtracting within 1000 pumpkin puzzle makes it quick and easy for teachers to provide a hands on activity to meet the needs of all students. You get printable AND digital options!
Use them for Halloween, Thanksgiving, or fall math games, activities, centers, or stations. With a no prep option – these are the perfect last minute resource!
WHAT YOU GET:
- PDF pumpkin puzzle (19 pieces) with 29 adding and subtracting problems
- No Prep PDF option of the puzzle above
- No Prep DIGITAL copy of the puzzle above (compatible with Google Slides)
- Two editable rubric options
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Centers, stations, or rotations
- Distance or virtual learning with the Google Slides compatible option
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- anytime during fall, autumn, Halloween, or Thanksgiving
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
- My students love these little solve and find puzzles! They had so much fun and were so engaged during it.
- Loved these!! They looked so cute put together and displayed in our class.
- I was worried this would be too easy for my upper elementary resource students, but it was just the right amount of challenging. Thanks!
- This was a healthy challenge for my fourth graders.
- My kids really enjoyed the pumpkin puzzle!
Let your students practice their adding and subtracting within 1000 with this fun Pumpkin Shaped Puzzle. This puzzle will have students put together 19 puzzle pieces to match 28 different addition and subtraction within 1000 numbers.
In addition to the paper option above, you’ll also get a pdf download with a link to a digital pumpkin puzzle that is compatible with Google Slides.
This will help address Common Core State Standards 2.NBT.B.7 and 3.NBT.A.2
This puzzles is meant to be somewhat of a challenge. Students will have to keep in mind the shape of the pumpkin. The square center pieces will be the most challenging. Tell students to rotate them around until they fit. This is where their critical thinking skills will come into play!
There are two options for the puzzle. One option is the puzzle in its full pumpkin shape. The other option is the puzzle pieces separate so students do not know the final shape. This “cut out” sheet is meant to be given directly to the students to cut out and put together so they don’t know the shape. This will be more challenging. But they are no prep – just print and go!
An editable PowerPoint file has been included as a center rubric. A full page option and half page option are both included. Print these out for immediate use, or change the wording and format to fit the needs of YOUR students.
On the lookout for even more Halloween, Thanksgiving, or fall math centers? Check out this link! It has Halloween cat math centers, Thanksgiving turkey math centers, and more fall pumpkin math centers.
This Fall Pumpkin Math center Puzzle is great for fall math centers, review, early and fast finishers, enrichment, GATE (gifted and talented education), and critical thinking skills. Any student that needs a lesson in perseverance will benefit from these puzzles. With this fun game format your students will stay engaged while practicing necessary skills!
Just print and quickly cut on the lines and you have instant fall math centers that make skill practice fun and engaging.
Thanks for looking!
Here are some other great Fall Math Centers you can use for games or activities with your class!
- Division Pumpkin Puzzles
- Subtraction Pumpkin Puzzles
- Addition Pumpkin Puzzles
- Multiplication Pumpkin Puzzles
You’ll also enjoy these Pumpkin Shaped Literacy Puzzles!