Need to work on adding and subtracting within 1,000 with your students? Then you’ll love this money saving bundle that lets your kids practice all year long!
This download includes 36 puzzles –
- Nine Pumpkin Puzzles
- Nine Christmas Tree Puzzles
- Nine Snowman Puzzles
- Nine Flower Puzzles
Plus you also get puzzle mats, writing prompts, writing response pages, and an editable rubric and exit slip.
Each shape has the following to allow differentiation –
- Adding within 1000, no regrouping
- Adding within 1000, with regrouping
- Adding within 1000, with and without regrouping
- Subtracting within 1000, no regrouping
- Subtracting within 1000, with regrouping
- Subtracting within 1000, with and without regrouping
- Adding and Subtracting within 1000, no regrouping
- Adding and Subtracting within 1000, with regrouping
- Adding and Subtracting within 1000, with and without regrouping
How can these puzzles be used?
- Centers, stations, or rotations
- addition and subtraction within 1000 review
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- a fun fall craftivity to create a bulletin board or display
Use the pumpkin puzzles in Fall during September, October, and November – including Halloween and Thanksgiving!
The tree puzzles are great to use for Christmas.
The snowmen work great for the entire winter season – December, January, and February (or longer if you live in South Dakota like me! LOL).
And then in spring enjoy the flowers! Great for March, April, and May – even for Mother’s Day!!
This will help address Common Core State Standards 2.NBT.B.7 and 3.NBT.A.2
Thank you for looking!
~Heather aka HoJo~