This fun fall math game for adding and subtracting within 1000 flower puzzle makes it quick and easy for teachers to provide a hands on activity to meet the needs of all students. Use them for spring or Easter math games, activities, centers, or stations. With a no prep option – these are the perfect last minute resource!
WHAT YOU GET:
• ONE flower puzzle (17 pieces) with 30 math problems
• No Prep option of the puzzle above
• Two editable rubric options
HOW CAN THIS PUZZLE BE USED?
• Centers, stations, or rotations
• Early or fast finishers
• GATE (gifted and talented education)
• Worksheet alternatives
• Critical thinking skills
• Student, partner, or small group collaboration
• A spring activity
• As part of an “April Showers Bring May Flowers” bulletin board or door decoration
• As a Mother’s Day or Grandparent’s Day gift
Let your students practice their adding and subtracting within 1000 with this fun Flower Shaped Puzzle. This puzzle will have students put together 17 puzzle pieces to match 20 different addition and subtraction within 1000 problems.
This puzzle is great for spring math centers, Easter, a Mother’s Day craft and gift, enrichment, GATE (gifted and talented education), early or fast finishers, and more!
This will help address Common Core State Standards 2.NBT.B.7 and 3.NBT.A.2
This puzzle is meant to be somewhat of a challenge. Students will have to keep in mind the shape of the flower. The petal pieces will be the most challenging. Tell students to rotate them around until they fit. This is where their critical thinking skills will come into play!
There are two options for the puzzle. One option is the puzzle in its full flower shape. The other option is the puzzle pieces separate so students do not know the final shape. This “cut out” sheet is meant to be given directly to the students to cut out and put together so they don’t know the shape. This will be more challenging. But they are no prep – just print and go!
An editable PowerPoint file has been included as a center rubric. A full page option and half page option are both included. Print these out for immediate use, or change the wording and format to fit the needs of YOUR students.
If you want the students to do the cutting – simply print out the “pre cut” puzzles and hand one sheet to each child. Easy. Done! NO PREP!
This Spring Flower Math center Puzzle is great for spring math centers, Easter, review, early and fast finishers, enrichment, GATE (gifted and talented education), and critical thinking skills. Any student that needs a lesson in perseverance will benefit from these puzzles. With this fun game format your students will stay engaged while practicing necessary skills!
Just print and quickly cut on the lines and you have instant fall math centers that make skill practice fun and engaging.
Thanks for looking!
Other spring resources you’ll love!
Literacy Puzzle Games
• Spring Literacy Centers: Antonyms Flower Puzzle – Differentiated Options
• Spring Literacy Centers: Compound Words – Differentiated Options
• Spring Literacy Centers: Contractions – Differentiated Options
• Spring Literacy Centers: Irregular Plural Nouns Flower Puzzles – Differentiated
• Spring Literacy Centers: Irregular Verbs Flower Puzzles – Differentiated Options
• Spring Literacy Centers: Synonyms Flower Puzzle – Differentiated Options
Math Puzzle Games
• Spring Math Centers: Addition Flower Puzzles
• Spring Math Centers: Division Flower Puzzles
• Spring Math Centers: Multiplication Flower Puzzles
• Spring Math Centers: Subtraction Flower Puzzles