These SUBTRACTION apple puzzles are a great way to bring engaging, hands-on math fun into your 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade classroom or homeschool. Let your students master subtraction facts with these great apple puzzles.
The puzzle is a PDF download. You will NOT be able to edit or modify the apples.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Three apple puzzles (18 pieces ) with 26 different subtraction problems for facts 0-20
- No prep options of all three puzzles
- Two editable rubrics
- There is a puzzle mat with the actual puzzle pieces so students can put their pieces over the top OR a blank outline as a guide, but not direct help. Use these for students who need a bit more support with the puzzle shape.
- You also get writing prompts to use with this shape. I recommend sharing a prompt with the class and putting these up behind or beside the completed puzzle as hall or bulletin board displays.
HOW CAN I USE THESE PUZZLES?
- apple math centers
- math fact subtracting review
- Worksheet or coloring sheet alternatives
- as a Fall Craftivity or for a Johnny Appleseed unit
- as part of a science unit on an apple tree life cycle
These work great with your first, second, or third graders in the classroom or homeschool. They also work in the special education classroom where a focus of perseverance is needed.
Thank you for your interest! Please ask any questions you may have prior to purchasing.
~Heather aka HoJo~