Use this ADDING AND SUBTRACTING WITHIN 1000 TARSIA PUZZLES to practice adding within 1000, subtracting within 1000, and then mixed review – with OR without regrouping. This way students get mastery in a fun, engaging, hands-on way!
These are great for 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade students in the general education classroom, homeschool, Title I, special education, and more! These printable puzzles are a great way to get some extra math practice.
These are great as a math craft activity at ANY time of the year. You can see in the thumbnails and preview the wide variety of animals and objects that can be made. Plus your imagination AND that of your students can make even more options!
With PRINT AND GO options – these are a perfect last minute download!
ABOUT THE PUZZLES:
- You get NINE different shapes (circle, square, oval, rectangle, hexagon, star, heart, triangle, and diamond)
- Each shape includes ONE of each of the following:
- Adding within 1000 with NO regrouping
- Adding within 1000 with regrouping
- Subtracting within 1000 with NO regrouping
- Subtracting within 1000 with regrouping
- Adding/subtracting within 1000 with NO regrouping
- Adding/subtracting within 1000 with regrouping
- Print and go options of all 54 puzzles above
WHAT ELSE YOU GET:
- Puzzles mats for all nine shapes (for students who need more support in completing the puzzle with an outline)
- Examples of the math craftivity options these puzzles can create
- No Prep digital puzzles compatible with Google Slides of all six puzzles
Please note there are NO digital files, unlike many of my other puzzles.
MORE PUZZLE DETAILS –
- Fully Assembled Puzzle Sheet – Use this version if you are using paras or parent volunteers to prep the activity for students. Easy cut lines are used to save prep time. This sheet also doubles as your answer key.
- Print and Go Puzzle Pieces Sheet – Use this sheet to print the puzzle pieces for your students to cut apart and reassemble the image.
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Math centers, stations, or rotations
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- any time you want a fun, hands-on math craftivity!
Thanks for looking!
~Heather aka Hojo~