Tired of worksheets? Looking for addition and subtraction within 20 practice that is hands-on, engaging, and FUN? Want math centers you can use all year long? Then these addition and subtraction tarsia puzzles are for you!
You’ll save time in planning, get fun practice and review, plus get all the math facts your 1st, 2nd, or 3rd graders need to master with differentiated puzzle options (0-10 and 0-20 practice for both addition AND subtraction facts).
This year-long bundle allows your students to take the completed puzzles and turn them into a fun math craftivity. These puzzles promote creativity and critical thinking. With the PRINT AND GO options, you’ll save time prepping!
This download includes –
- NINE different shapes (circle, square, oval, rectangle, hexagon, star, heart, triangle, and diamond)
- Each shape has FOUR options for addition and FOUR more options for subtraction (two are 0-10 adding facts, two are 0-20 addition facts, two are 0-10 subtracting facts, and the last two are 0-20 subtraction facts) – great for differentiation
- PRINT AND GO options of all 72 PDF puzzles above
- Puzzles mats for all nine shapes (for students who need additional support in completing the puzzle with an outline)
- Examples of the math craftivity options these puzzles can create
MORE PUZZLE DETAILS –
- Fully Assembled Puzzle Sheet – Use this version if you are using paras or parent volunteers to prep the activity for students. Easy cut lines are used to save prep time. This sheet also doubles as your answer key.
- Print and Go Puzzle Pieces Sheet – Use this sheet to print the puzzle pieces for your students to cut apart and reassemble the image.
Please note there are NO digital options for these puzzles. You are getting 72 PDF puzzles to cut out, plus the print and go option of each PDF puzzle that students cut out on their own.
These puzzles are hands on, fun, and engaging. Once students understand how they work, they love doing more – even asking to take sets home as homework to learn more with their families.
HOW CAN THESE MATH PUZZLES BE USED?
- Math centers, stations, or rotations
- Review of addition and subtraction within 20
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- Homework or family fun nights
- As morning work to help your students settle and focus to start the day
This bundle is the BEST DEAL to save the most money on all the addition and subtraction puzzles you’ll need for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd graders for the entire school year.
Thanks for looking!
~Heather aka Hojo~