Let your students practice various skills with this fun EDITABLE Slice of Pie Shaped Puzzle. These are a great way to engage students on various tasks. Use this puzzle for Halloween, reading the book Enemy Pie, Pi Day, or any time you want to celebrate someone’s love of pie.
Let your students practice various skills with this fun pie Shaped Puzzle. This puzzle will have students match 20 different problems together by correctly putting the 14 piece pie together.
This puzzle will have students match 20 different problems together by correctly putting the 14 piece piece of pie together. You need to create the puzzle, so it will fit the needs of YOUR students! Teachers in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade have used this puzzle with success.
Check out the preview file. This is a PDF, but it will help you understand how the puzzle works and whether it’s right for your students.
WHAT YOU GET:
- One EDITABLE pie puzzle (14 pieces) with room for 20 problems
- NO PREP options of the puzzles above
- A puzzle mat for students who need extra support
- A planning sheet so you can write out up to 20 problems before you type them all out
- A Frequently Asked Questions page to help you make the most of your puzzle
**This resource needs to be edited in PowerPoint. If you do not have that program, please do NOT purchase.**
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Centers, stations, or rotations
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- For books about pies or just for fun!
- when reading the book Enemy Pie
- on December 1st for National Pie Day
You also get a NO PREP puzzle option. I use the Find/Replace function and change them from 1 A, 1 Q, 2 A, 2 Q, 3 A, 3 Q, etc.
There is a puzzle template with the actual puzzle pieces so students can put their pieces over the top OR a blank outline as a guide, but not direct help. Use these for students who need a bit more support with the puzzle shape.
Thanks for looking!
~Heather aka Hojo~