This Exponents Activities Math Center Game is a great way to get your students a hands-on, engaging critical thinking game for extra practice! Plus this math center activity is a quick and easy way for teachers to provide meaningful learning that meets the needs of all 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th grade students!
This exponents puzzle will help your students practice matching exponents to the number they represent. The puzzle contains whole numbers 2 through 12 each to the power of two, numbers 2 through 10 each to the power of three, and numbers 2 through 5 each to the fourth power for a total of 24 exponents being practiced.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Two puzzles – one has students match the exponential form to standard form; the second has students match the expanded (factor) form to the standard form
- FOUR PDF versions of each of the two puzzles above – one with graphics and numbers around the outside, one with graphics and NO numbers around the outside, a third option with no graphics but numbers around the outside, and the final option with graphics but NO numbers around the outside. Choose which make sense for your class, or differentiate to meet individual needs.
- FOUR DIGITAL versions of each of the two puzzles – each with the differentiation options mentioned above (compatible with Google Drive)
- NO PREP PDF options for all of the puzzle options above – making the total puzzle count 16 options
- Two editable rubrics in PowerPoint
- One editable exit slip in PowerPoint
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Use the digital options for distance learning
- Centers, stations, or rotations
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
- This was incredibly fun! My students now beg for Magic Squares!
- My kids had fun with this and I liked that I could differentiate with my groups.
- Very fun and I loved the differentiation options!
OTHER RESOURCES YOU MAY ENJOY:
- All DIGITAL Distance Learning items in HoJo’s store
- Place Value Magic Square Puzzle Math Center Games Bundle
- Rounding Magic Square Puzzles Math Center Games
- Telling Time Math Center Game Bundle
You get two puzzles – one has students match the exponential form to standard form. The second puzzle has students match the expanded (factor) form to the standard form.
Then each of these two puzzles has FOUR PDF versions – one with graphics and numbers around the outside, one with graphics and NO numbers around the outside, a third option with no graphics but numbers around the outside, and the final option with graphics but NO numbers around the outside. Choose which make sense for your class, or differentiate to meet individual needs.
All of the puzzles mentioned above are included in a digital format compatible with Google Drive. You will download a PDF that has the link, directions, and an example video included.
Finally, each PDF puzzle comes in a “pre cut”, no prep format! Simply print the page you want your students to complete and then they cut out the puzzle and put it together. Print and go! It doesn’t get much easier!!
This means the entire resource is made up of 24 puzzle options – 16 PDF and 8 digital! You’ll have to decide which to utlize to best meet the needs of your students.
An editable PowerPoint file has been included as a center rubric. A full page option and half page option are both included. Print these out for immediate use, or change the wording and format to fit the needs of YOUR students. Plus use the exit slip to bring some writing and explaining into your math lesson. It’s totally editable so you can customize it to ask your students the question/s that best fit their needs!
This product can help teach CCSS 6.EE.A.1 and 5.NBT.B.6. While it will not fully address either of these standards, it will help students who need a more basic overview of exponents. This is why it works across third, fourth, fifth, and sixth grade classrooms.
Magic Square Puzzles are great for centers, stations, rotations, review, early and fast finishers, enrichment, test prep, GATE (gifted and talented education), and critical thinking skills. Students with special needs also do well with these once they understand the concept. Any student that needs a lesson in perseverance will benefit from Magic Square Puzzles. With this fun game format your students will stay engaged while practicing necessary skills!
Just print and quickly cut on the lines and you have instant exponents math learning centers that make skill practice fun and engaging.
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? Follow my store to get notifications of new items, sales, and more!
Thanks for looking!