Help students practice reading informational text with this great Food Source: Chickens download. Upper elementary 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders will better understand chickens, their personalities, what they eat, and more.
- easier article (color and b&w options)
- harder article (color and b&w options)
- student worksheet with ten comprehension questions
- same 10 comprehension questions to be displayed or read aloud
- Answer Key for the 10 questions above
- page with seven ideas to extend the learning
- List of 14 informational text questions to ask (about ANY article)
- Nonfiction Text Features Chart worksheet
- KWL Chart worksheet
**PLEASE LOOK AT THE PREVIEW FILE TO GET A BETTER LOOK AT EVERYTHING INCLUDED. You can also read all the way to the bottom of this description for more details.
This informational text article is at the following reading levels –
- Easier passage = Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level: 4.3 and Automated Readability Index: 4.2
- Harder passage = Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level: 5.4 and Automated Readability Index: 5.4
HOW CAN THIS ARTICLE BE USED?
- Morning work – have a photocopy on each student’s desk to start the day and project the questions for them to fill out in their Interactive Reading Notebook
- Early or fast finishers – allow students to do this when they are caught up on everything else
- Time fillers – make the most of those extra ten minutes by reading the article aloud and answering the questions as a whole group, in partners, or individually
- Test prep – many of the articles students will encounter are informational text (or nonfiction) so articles like this are a great way to prep
- Reading centers, stations, or rotations – These make a quick print and go, no prep center
Thanks for looking!
~Heather aka Hojo
There are no reviews yet.