Making math exciting through real life math is a great way to keep students engaged in learning. When you can tie in some financial literacy and project based learning, you’ve hit the trifecta! This download will help 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade elementary students planning a trip in a hands-on, differentiated way.
WHAT YOU GET:
- 70+ student printables in PDF format
- teacher direction pages
- 83 editable student pages (PowerPoint file)
**PLEASE LOOK AT THE PREVIEW FILE TO GET A BETTER LOOK AT EVERYTHING INCLUDED. You can also read all the way to the bottom of this description for more details.
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- as a real life math lesson
- as part of a unit on financial literacy
- for project based learning (PBL)
- after state testing
- during short weeks or the week before breaks
- as enrichment for gifted and talented students (GATE)
- for students interested in carpentry, wanting to become a carpenter, or those who enjoy woodworking
- These also could work for Virtual Learning, eLearning, Distant Learning (or Distance Education), e-learning, Online Learning, or Remote Learning situations. (download the Kami extension to allow students to write on PDFs)
- before spring break, winter or Christmas break, or even summer vacation when kids are already daydreaming about the upcoming trips they have planned
Thanks for looking!
~Heather aka Hojo~