Practice subtracting decimals with these engaging, hands-on, and FUN Magic Square Puzzles. These are a great way to quickly and easily provide meaningful learning to meet the needs of elementary or homeschool 5th grade students.
Here are the puzzles you receive –
- Puzzle #1 – no regrouping
- Puzzle #2 – regrouping in one place
- Puzzle #3 – tenths minus hundredths (or subtracting across zero)
- Puzzle #4 – whole number minus hundredths (more subtracting across zero)
- Puzzle #5 – mixed subtracting
WHAT YOU GET:
- Five PDF puzzles (four options of each for differentiation)
- Five Digital Puzzles (four options of each for differentiation)
- Two editable rubrics in PowerPoint
- One editable exit slip in PowerPoint
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Centers, stations, or rotations
- Distance Learning due to Google Slides compatibility (remote or digital learning)
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- Test prep
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
- Coming soon!
OTHER RESOURCES YOU MAY ENJOY:
These Subtracting Decimals Magic Square Puzzles Math Center Games make it quick and easy for teachers to provide hands on activities that meet the needs of all students!
Let your students practice Subtracting Decimals with these addicting Magic Square puzzles! Each puzzle asks your student to match 24 problems and solutions.
This will help address Common Core State Standard 5.NBT.B.7
There are five different PDF puzzles in this product. There are four options for each puzzle.
The digital download includes all of the puzzles above, each on their own screen. These are compatible with Google Slides. Do NOT put the file into “Present” mode.
Not sure how Magic Squares work? Check out this blog post!
Love Magic Square Puzzles? You can find even more in my store!
Magic Square Puzzles are great for centers, review, early and fast finishers, enrichment, GATE (gifted and talented education), and critical thinking skills. Students with special needs also do well with these once they understand the concept. Any student that needs a lesson in perseverance will benefit from Magic Square Puzzles. With this fun game format your students will stay engaged while practicing necessary skills!
Just print and quickly cut on the lines and you have instant learning centers that make skill practice fun and engaging.
Thank you for looking at this measuring area download!
Thanks for looking!