These 36 summer picture writing prompts are a great way to engage upper elementary or middle school students in writing with a quick, easy activity. With no prep required, they’re a great last minute resource for your summer writing centers. Download and go! No printing needed! They are perfect for your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade students.
This file is meant to be downloaded and then projected on an overhead for the class. It is only available in widescreen format, so please make sure that is appropriate for the device you are using before purchase.
You also get the option of all 36 summer pictures with “Your Text Here”. This is a PowerPoint file that you can edit to better fit your classroom or homeschool needs. Simply delete the text and verbally give instructions or type in your own writing prompts.
**CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FILE TO DOWNLOAD AND TRY THREE PICTURE WRITING PROMPTS FOR FREE! You will get to try the editable files in the free preview.**
WHAT YOU GET:
- 23 general summer writing prompts – fishing, beaches, water, carnivals, hiking, camping, & more!
- 3 June writing prompts – Flag Day, Father’s Day, and American Eagle Day
- 4 July writing prompts – 4th of July and Parents’ Day
- 2 August writing prompts – Senior Citizens Day and Women’s Equality Day
- 4 Back to School writing prompts
- Six writing response cards for students (in case you want a printable option)
- All of the summer picture writing prompts above with an EDITABLE option where you can write your own text in PowerPoint
Please know this resource was made for the American teacher, based on American holidays and events. While it could be used by teachers in other countries, you may not find all the holidays and images applicable. But you will enjoy my WRITING PROMPTS BUNDLE FOR ANY TIME OF YEAR. Check it out now!
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
• Summer writing centers, stations, or rotations
• On days when you are short on time for a writing lesson
• As picture writing prompts for summer school
• On days where students have lost focus and you still want to squeeze some writing in
• When you want to take a break from a larger writing project, but need something engaging to fill the time – especially for summer school
• In the special education classroom where too many words or images can overwhelm
Thank you for your interest! Please ask any questions you may have prior to purchasing.
~Heather aka HoJo~