Let your first graders practice matching true statements with these hands-on, engaging puzzles. These magic square puzzles make it quick and easy for teachers to provide hands on activities that meet the needs of all students!
All puzzles have a star in the upper left-hand corner to give students a starting point.
**Please look at the preview to see exactly what puzzles you are getting.
WHAT YOU GET:
- NINE puzzles
- FOUR options of each puzzle for differentiation
- Puzzle Mat – great for the students who need additional support understanding the 3×3 square
- Digital copies of each puzzle above – compatible with Google Slides
- Two editable rubrics in PowerPoint
- One editable exit slip in PowerPoint
Puzzles included –
- 1 – Adding to 20 (with two numbers)
- 2 – Adding to 20 (with three numbers)
- 3 – Matching the two addition equations
- 4 – Subtracting within 20 (with two numbers)
- 5 – Subtracting within 20 (with three numbers)
- 6 – Matching the two subtraction equations
- 7 – Missing addends in addition
- 8 – Missing addends in subtraction
- 9 – Matching true statements to the correct answer.
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Centers, stations, or rotations
- Distance Learning due to Google Slides compatibility
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- Test prep
Just print and quickly cut on the lines and you have instant learning centers that make skill practice fun and engaging.
Thanks for looking!
~Heather aka Hojo~