These FREE fish math activities are a great way to work on basic math facts in a hands-on, engaging, fun way! Your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade classroom or homeschool students will love these fun fish puzzles.
What Puzzles Are FREE?
There are actually four different puzzle downloads included in this blog post. Click on each one below that you want to get for FREE.
- Addition Fish Math Activities
- Subtraction Fish Math Activities
- Multiplication Fish Math Activities
- Division Fish Math Activities
Each free download includes three fish puzzles. But then you also get a NO PREP option of each puzzle – meaning each download actually has six puzzle options. Click on each of the links above to grab your download now. Or keep reading to learn more about these great fish math activities.
How Can I Use these Fish Math Activities?
These start math activities are great for all of the following reasons –
- Math centers, stations, or rotations
- Test prep
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills (or 21st Century Learning)
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- A fun math activity for a lesson on oceans, animals, or any other topic where fish are discussed
- Any time you want to have a little hands-on fun during your math lessons!
Tell Me More!
If you download all four freebies included in this blog post, you’ll get 24 different puzzles. Choose which one will work best for your students or homeschool kids.
The no prep puzzles are a perfect activity to work on fine motor skills. Plus then students won’t know the finished shape, so the puzzles are a bit more challenging. Just print and go!
- Have each student decorate a fish and then create a bulletin board. Here are some sayings to consider:
- It’s o-FISH-ally Summer!
- We’re Hooked on Learning!
- We May All Be Different, But in This School We Swim Together!
- We Get Along Swimmingly
- Happy to Sea You
- We Are o-FISH-ally in ___ Grade!
- Use them for a fun review at any time of year!
- As a supplement for the book “The Rainbow Fish” or any other fish story.
- Use your imagination to decide other ways you could use these fish puzzles.
These fish math activities are truly great for all students. I’ve found students in special education often persevere better with these puzzles than some of my gifted students. These teach perseverance to all!
While some students may find these fish puzzles to be a bit of a challenge, repeated exposure to the puzzles often helps improve their critical thinking skills and they will better understand how the puzzles work. Use these puzzles in your classroom or homeschool on multiple occasions. This way you can promote a growth mindset.
Grab Your FREE Fish Math Puzzles Now!
Click on any of the images below to grab your FREE fish math activities. Remember that each different operation – addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division – is its own download. So if you want more than one operation you’ll need to download each one.
If you love these FREE fish math activities, you’ll also love these other free math puzzle options –
- FREE Circle Basic Math Fact Puzzles
- FREE Addition Magic Square Puzzles
- FREE Star Puzzles for Basic Math Facts
Hi, your Addition Fish puzzles say page not found. Tried several times. I was able to get subtraction. Thank you!
Here is the direct link – https://hojo-s-teaching-adventures-llc.ck.page/edc39eaf90 Thank you for letting me know. Enjoy!