If you’re on the lookout for some great George Washington Presidents Day activities – you’ve come to the right place! This blog post is going to share some great books about George Washington, bulletin board ideas, plus math activities that you can do with your elementary students.
On Presidents Day, we celebrate the birthdays of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. The United States would not be the same without these two great men, and finding ways to incorporate them into classroom activities is a great way to help kids learn all about them both!
This post contains affiliate links. This means I make a small commission at NO EXTRA CHARGE to you when you purchase through my links. Thank you for supporting my family and me! You can read my entire disclosure statement here.
George Washington Presidents Day Math Fun
I’d like to start off with some great George Washington math resources. Every elementary teacher and parent knows that getting those basic math facts ingrained into the minds of students takes a bit of work. These George Washington Presidents Day puzzles are the perfect (and fun!) way to practice. There are different types to choose from, enabling you to challenge your higher students while allowing your other kids to practice at their appropriate level as well.
Various George Washington Presidents Day activities are available below. Click on the one/s that are most appropriate for your students. Please note there are puzzles with 13 and 20 pieces. This makes these great for differentiation!
Create YOUR OWN George Washington Puzzles on ANY Subject!
If you’re not teaching math, the puzzles above may not be applicable for you. BUT you’ll love this editable President Washington puzzle to create your own math, literacy, vocabulary, or ANY other puzzle. Click here or on the picture below to grab your own copy now!
What Teachers Are Saying About George Washington Presidents Day Activities
People who have bought my George Washington Presidents Day activities have said:
Also Great for Presidents Day or Social Studies Decor!
And let’s not forget that these finished George Washington Presidents Day puzzles above make GREAT bulletin boards, doorway decorations, or even hallways displays! Students can cut out and complete their puzzles, then they may color them. I’m sure you can imagine how wonderful the finished displays could be. (Best of all, no administrator can complain about them not being academic because of the work involved to put them together!)
George Washington Presidents Day Books
And here are some great choices for books to help your students thoroughly enjoy George Washington and Presidents Day in a whole new way!
- Picture Books
- I am George Washington (Ordinary People Change the World)
- George Washington: His Legacy of Faith, Character, and Courage
- National Geographic Readers: George Washington (Readers Bios)
- George Washington’s Teeth
- A Picture Book of George Washington (Picture Book Biography)
- George Washington’s Breakfast
- George Washington and the General’s Dog (Step-Into-Reading, Step 3)
- My Little Golden Book About George Washington
- George Washington’s Birthday: A Mostly True Tale
- George Washington: The First President (I Can Read Level 2)
- Chapter Books
- Who Was George Washington?
- George Washington’s Socks (Time Travel Adventure)
- George Washington’s World
- DK Biography: George Washington: A Photographic Story of a Life
- George Washington’s Spy (Time Travel Adventures)
- George Washington: Our First Leader (Childhood of Famous Americans)
- Meet George Washington (Landmark Books)
- George Washington’s Rules to Live By: How to Sit, Stand, Smile, and Be Cool! A Good Manners Guide From the Father of Our Country
- George Washington for Kids: His Life and Times with 21 Activities (For Kids series)
- George Washington: True Patriot (Heroes of History)
- Picture Books
With these fun and challenging George Washington Presidents Day activities, your elementary students will be able to practice math skills and celebrate the father of our country at the same time. Happy Presidents Day!
Still not sure about my President Washington activities? No worries!
Click here or on the image below to grab your FREE circle puzzles. Then you’ll see if these puzzles are a good fit for your students. Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division options are included in this freebie.