These Adding Fraction Puzzles are great activities for a math center game. They provide a great way to get students a hands-on, engaging critical thinking game for extra practice. Plus this math center activity is a quick and easy way for teachers to provide meaningful learning that meets the needs of elementary 4th or 5th grade students!
These Adding Fractions puzzles help students practice matching the problem with solution. Please look at the preview to see the exact puzzles and differentiation options available.
WHAT YOU GET:
- SIX PDF puzzles (Look at the preview to see how each puzzle gets increasingly harder to allow for differentiation.)
- FOUR versions of each PDF puzzle above
- SIX Digital Puzzles
- FOUR versions of the digital puzzle above
- Two editable rubrics in PowerPoint
- One editable exit slip in PowerPoint
- Puzzle #1 – Common Denominators, Unit Fractions, & No Reducing
- Puzzle #2 – Common Denominators, Unit Fractions, WITH Reducing
- Puzzle #3 – Simple Different (Unlike) Denominators with Mixed Reducing
- Puzzle #4 – More Complex Different (Unlike) Denominators (No Reducing)
- Puzzle #5 – Fractions Equal to One
- Puzzle #6 – Fractions Higher than One with Mixed Regrouping
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Centers, stations, or rotations
- Distance Learning due to Google Slides compatibility
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- Test prep
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
- Coming soon!
OTHER RESOURCES YOU MAY ENJOY:
These Adding Fractions Magic Square Puzzles Math Center Games make it quick and easy for teachers to provide hands on activities that meet the needs of all students!
Let your students practice Adding Fractions with these addicting Magic Square puzzles! Each puzzle asks your student to match 24 different multidigit addition problems.
This will help address Common Core State Standards 4.NF.B.3.A, 4.NFB.3.B, and 5.NF.A.1.
There are six different puzzles in this product. However, there are four of each puzzle: one with no numbers around the outside and graphics, the second with no numbers around the outside and no graphics, the third with numbers around the outside but no graphics, and the fourth with numbers around the outside and graphics.
You choose which one best matches the skill and ability level of your students. This is differentiation at its finest!
**The puzzles with numbers around the outside are going to be especially challenging since those numbers may show up four times in one puzzle.
Magic Square Puzzles are great for centers, review, early and fast finishers, enrichment, GATE (gifted and talented education), and critical thinking skills. Students with special needs also do well with these once they understand the concept. Any student that needs a lesson in perseverance will benefit from Magic Square Puzzles. With this fun game format your students will stay engaged while practicing necessary skills!
Just print and quickly cut on the lines and you have instant learning centers that make skill practice fun and engaging.
Thank you for looking at this adding fractions download!
Thanks for looking!