These 56 spring picture writing prompts are a great way to engage upper elementary or middle school students in writing with a quick, easy activity. With no prep required, they’re a great last minute resource for your spring writing centers. Download and go! No printing needed! They are perfect for your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade students. Plus you also get EDITABLE options!
This file is meant to be downloaded and then projected on an overhead for the class. It is only available in widescreen format, so please make sure that is appropriate for the device you are using before purchase.
**CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FILE TO DOWNLOAD AND TRY FOUR PICTURE WRITING PROMPTS FOR FREE! You will not get to try the editable files in the free preview.**
WHAT YOU GET:
- 6 general spring writing prompts – ladybug, flowers, rabbit, & more!
- 5 Easter writing prompts – Easter bunny, eggs, chocolate, & more!
- 16 March writing prompts – Pi Day, St. Patrick’s Day, & more!
- 13 April writing prompts – Tax Day, Earth Day, & more!
- 11 May writing prompts – Cinco de Mayo, Mother’s Day, & more!
- 5 End of School Year writing prompts
- Six writing response cards for students (in case you want a printable option)
- All of the spring picture writing prompts above with an EDITABLE option where you can write your own text in PowerPoint
Please know this resource was made for the American teacher, based on American holidays and events. While it could be used by teachers in other countries, you may not find all the holidays and images applicable. But you will enjoy my WRITING PROMPTS BUNDLE FOR ANY TIME OF YEAR. Check it out now!
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Spring writing centers, stations, or rotations
- On days when you are short on time for a writing lesson
- On days where students have lost focus and you still want to squeeze some writing in
- When you want to take a break from a larger writing project, but need something engaging to fill the time
Thank you for your interest! Please ask any questions you may have prior to purchasing.
~Heather aka HoJo~