Use these 72 Winter Picture Writing Prompts to encourage upper elementary or middle school kids to write. No prep and editable options included. These are great for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade fall writing needs.
This file is meant to be downloaded and then projected on an overhead for the class. It is only available in widescreen format, so they may not fit typically on a piece of paper if printed.
WHAT YOU GET:
- 22 General Winter Writing Prompts – including snow, skiing, snowmobiling, snowmen, & more
- 27 December Writing Prompts – including Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and more
→ I went a bit overboard with Christmas images. Seventeen of the 27 December prompts are Christmas related.
- 11 January Writing Prompts – including New Years, National Hat Day, and more
- 12 February Writing Prompts – including Valentine’s Day, Black History Month, Dental Health Month, and more
- Six writing response cards for students (in case you want a printable option)
- All of the winter picture writing prompts above with an EDITABLE option where you can write your own text in PowerPoint
Please know this resource was made for the American teacher, based on American holidays and events. While it could be used by teachers in other countries, you may not find all the holidays and images applicable. But you will enjoy my 150 Picture Writing Prompts for ANY time of year. Check it out now!
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Winter writing centers, stations, or rotations
- On days when you are short on time for a writing lesson
- On days where students have lost focus and you still want to squeeze some writing in
- When you want to take a break from a larger writing project, but need something engaging to fill the time
Thank you for your interest! Please ask any questions you may have prior to purchasing.
~Heather aka HoJo~