These Multiplication Football Math Activity Puzzles make it quick and easy for teachers to provide hands on games that meet the needs of all students. Paper AND digital options available! Use them as a Father’s Day activity, a fall activity, or anytime you want to bring a little football math to your kids with an academic emphasis!
They work great as activities, centers, stations, or games. With a no prep option – these are the perfect last minute resource for your 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade students!
WHAT YOU GET:
- Three PDF football puzzle options (18 pieces each) with 26 multiplication problems for facts 0-12
- No Prep PDF options of the three puzzles above
- No Prep digital puzzles compatible with Google Slides of all three puzzles
- Two editable rubric options
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Centers, stations, or rotations
- Distance learning via Google Slides puzzle options
- Review of multiplying basic facts
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- a Father’s Day card
- during football season or as part of a sports theme classroom
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
- What a great resource to share with my students during the football season. Definitely a way to keep students engaged. Thank you!
- My students loved this activity! It was a really fun way to bring math into our 2 day unit on the football rivalry!
- Students loved building the puzzle with the multiplication facts. I used it as an enrichment and it worked great!
- I have 5th grade boys for math intervention. I am always seeking hands-on ways to give them skill practice. This product, as you might imagine was one that the boys really enjoyed.
- This is perfect for my sports theme classroom!• With a room full of students who are obsessed with football, I knew this activity was sure to please. The students loved this activity and I loved the fact that they enjoyed reviewing their multiplication facts! Awesome product!
- Great resource! Students loved the puzzle and it led to great student interaction and sharing of strategies!
- With a room full of students who are obsessed with football, I knew this activity was sure to please. The students loved this activity and I loved the fact that they enjoyed reviewing their multiplication facts! Awesome product!
If you want a multiplication puzzle you can use at ANY time of year, check out this Multiplication Magic Square Puzzle.
There are three puzzles included in this download. Plus you also get a NO PREP option of each of those puzzles. This means there are 6 total puzzle options! Choose which option works best for your students.
These puzzles help address CCSS 3.OA.C.7
The no prep puzzles are a great option if you want students to get some fine motor cutting practice and NOT know the final shape. These “cut out” sheets are meant to be given directly to the students to cut out and put together so they don’t know the shape. These will be more challenging. But they are no prep – just print and go!
Plus you also get a digital option where all three puzzles are available in Google Slides. Assign the page you want each student to have – perhaps via Google Classroom – and they can complete it virtually with no copying needed!
An editable PowerPoint file has been included as a center rubric. A full page option and half page option are both included. Print these out for immediate use, or change the wording and format to fit the needs of YOUR students.
Use these puzzles anytime you need a fun math activity – particularly for football season, Father’s Day, or a sports theme classroom.
Students with special needs also do well with these once they understand the concept. With this fun game format your students will stay engaged while practicing necessary multiplication skills!
These puzzles are meant to be somewhat of a challenge – which is perfect to promote a growth mindset. Students will have to keep in mind the shape of the football and persevere if the task seems challenging. Tell students to rotate the pieces around and analyze what they can do differently until they fit. This is where their critical thinking and 21st Century skills will come into play!
Just print and quickly cut on the lines (or simply print the NO PREP option) and you have instant football math centers that make skill practice fun and engaging. If you have some extra time, let your third, fourth, or fifth graders decorate the finished multiplication football. These colored masterpieces can then be used as artwork for the classroom, to help decorate a bulletin board, or be hung in the hallway to add some festive art flair. (And no administrator complaints since it’s an academic activity!)
Homeschool Families: You’re going to love these puzzles as a last minute, print and go resource! The next time you have a crazy hectic home school day – grab, download, and go! You’ll instantly get your sanity back, fit in some academic work, AND have fun at the same time.
Answer key included! Correcting is easy when you use the original fully formed football to ensure all the numbers are in the correct order and the shape is fully created.
Thanks for looking!