Looking for hands on 1st grade math puzzles? You’ve come to the right place! Kids often get bored with worksheets. They want something fun, engaging, and hands-on. These math puzzles check all three boxes! Kids won’t even realize the critical thinking and problem solving they are going! Instead they will love learning while they practice necessary math skills!
Read below to see all the great 1st grade math puzzles for classroom and homeschool use.
Help your first graders master various math skills with repeated practice. Teach the lesson, do a bit of guided practice, and then review with these puzzles! Plus, when you buy the bundle, you’ll have enough math activities to fill a math center for an entire year!
Don’t these sound great?
- Practice that keeps kids from being bored.
- Students who stay on task.
- Practice critical thinking.
- Get better at problem solving.
- No more checking out.
- Students who actually ENJOY math!
These puzzles are great for –
- math centers, stations, or rotations
- early or fast finishers
- enrichment or GATE (gifte and talented education)
- worksheet alternatives
- partner work
- small groups
- math centers
- critical thinking
- test prep
- student, partner, or small group collaboration
- digital learning (through the puzzles with Google Slides options)
Students are motivated by these puzzles. They want to finish the puzzle and feel that success! They work hard and figure it out. Plus they’re working on their perserverance skills too!
Hands on. Engaging. Fun. This bundle includes all the print AND digital 1st grade math Magic Square Puzzles I have in my store. No more stress! Promote creativity and critical thinking today!
Ooooo – another fun fact! These bundles are over ***80% off***! I know what a teacher’s budget is like, so I wanted to make these super affordable for you!
Let’s dive into the individual puzzles even more!
Here you see 20+ First Grade Math Puzzle downloads included. You can buy each download by clicking the individual links below, or save with the bundles links below.
- Numbers and Number Words 1-20*
- Ten Words and Numbers 10-120*
- Subtracting by 0, 1, and 2**23WAKLM.;
- True Statements – Addition and Subtraction within 20**
- Two Digit Numbers + or – 10**
- Associative Property of Addition**
- Missing Addends of Addition within 20* (3×3 puzzles)
- Missing Addends of Addition within 20* (4×4 puzzles)
- Missing Addends in Subtraction within 20* (3×3 puzzles)
- Adding and Subtracting 0-10*
- Adding 0-24**
- Subtracting 1-20**
- Adding Doubles, +0, +1, and +2*
- 2D Shapes**
- 3D Shapes (Geometric)*
- Two Digit Place Value**
- Telling Time to the Nearest Hour and Half Hour**
- Nonstandard Measurement**
- Commutative Property of Addition**
- Adding within 100 – two digit number + a multiple of ten**
- Adding within 100 – two digit number + a one digit number **
- *PDF puzzles
- **PDF digital puzzles
If you think your students will need more support, I’ve got you covered! This entire article is written with extension and support ideas. I’ve had students with special needs finish these puzzles more quickly than their gifted peers. And I’ve watched the most advanced students have a productive struggle when trying these for the first time. BUT the majority of my students fall in love with these puzzles and honestly beg to do them over again once they understand the concept!
I’ve found that doing a puzzle together as a whole class helps the first time. This way students understand that they are looking for 7 + 3 on the first puzzle piece that matches up to 10 on the second puzzle piece.
Let’s go through all the awesomeness in these 1st Grade Math Puzzles one more time!
- 20+ different math concepts (with over 150 puzzles included)
- Digital options of most puzzles, compatible with Google Slides
- Editable rubric and exit slip in PowerPoint
If you’re tired of the same old boring 1st grade math review and want to spice it up, this is it! These hands-on, engaging, and FUN puzzles can be used all year long! You’ll save time in planning, get great review and practice materials, and students will LOVE working on the hands-on First Grade Math Puzzles in an engaging and fun way!
YOUR LAST CHANCE TO PURCHASE IS RIGHT HERE!