If you’re on the lookout for hands on 2nd grade math puzzles, this is it! Often the worksheets we hand out get boring. Kids need fun, engaging, and hands on learning. These math puzzles do just that! Kids won’t even realize they are doing critical thinking and problem solving. Instead they will love learning while practicing necessary math skills!
Keep reading to see all the great 2nd grade math puzzles for classroom and homeschool use.
Repeated practice will help your second graders master various math skills. Once you’ve taught the lesson and done some guided practice, then it’s the perfect time to review! These math puzzles work great for this. When you buy the bundle, you’ll have enough math activities to fill a math center for the entire year!
Don’t these sound great?
- Practice that keeps kids from being bored.
- Students who stay on task.
- Practice critical thinking.
- Get better at problem solving.
- No more checking out.
- Students who actually ENJOY math!
These puzzles are great for –
- math centers, stations, or rotations
- early or fast finishers
- enrichment or GATE (gifte and talented education)
- worksheet alternatives
- partner work
- small groups
- math centers
- critical thinking
- test prep
- student, partner, or small group collaboration
- digital learning (through the puzzles with Google Slides options)
These puzzles motivate students. They want to finish the puzzle and be successful. They are willing to work hard and figure it out. (And don’t forget – they’ll be working on their perserverance skills too!)
Hands on. Engaging. Fun. This bundle includes all the print AND digital 2nd grade math Magic Square Puzzles I have in my store. No more stress! Promote creativity and critical thinking today!
Ooooo – another fun fact! These bundles are over ***80% off***! I know what a teacher’s budget is like, so I wanted to make these super affordable for you!
Let’s dive into the individual puzzles even more!
Here you see EIGHTEEN 2nd Grade Math Puzzle downloads included. You can buy each download by clicking the individual links below, or save with the bundles links below.
- Addition with 0-12 facts**
- 3 Digit Place Value**
- Adding and Subtracting within 1000**
- Telling Time to the Nearest 5 Minutes*
- Skip Counting*
- Roman Numerals 5-22 by 5s and 25s*
- Roman Numerals 1-24*
- Units of Time**
- Counting Money*
- Geometric Shapes*
- Subtraction 1-20**
- Addition and Subtraction within 100**
- Addition Arrays**
- Subtracting within 100**
- Mentally Add and Subtract 10 and 100 to Three Digit Numbers**
- Two Digit Addition (with 2, 3, and 4 numbers)**
- Numbers through 1000 – Matching Number Blocks & Expanded Form**
- Place Value Numbers Blocks in 100s through 1200**
- *PDF puzzles
- **PDF digital puzzles
If you think your students will need more support, I’ve got you covered! This entire article is written with extension and support ideas. I’ve had students with special needs finish these puzzles more quickly than their gifted peers. And I’ve watched the most advanced students have a productive struggle when trying these for the first time. BUT the majority of my students fall in love with these puzzles and honestly beg to do them over again once they understand the concept!
I’ve found that doing a puzzle together as a whole class helps the first time. This way students understand that they are looking for8 + 8 on the first puzzle piece matches up to 16 on the second puzzle piece.
Let’s go through all the awesomeness in these 2nd Grade Math Puzzles one more time!
- 15+ different math concepts (with over 130 puzzles included)
- Digital options of most puzzles, compatible with Google Slides
- Editable rubric and exit slip in PowerPoint
If you’re tired of the same old boring 2nd grade math review and want to spice it up, this is it! These hands-on, engaging, and FUN puzzles can be used all year long! You’ll save time in planning, get great review and practice materials, and students will LOVE working on the hands-on 2nd Grade Math Puzzles in an engaging and fun way!
YOUR LAST CHANCE TO PURCHASE IS RIGHT HERE!