Look no farther for hands on 3rd grade math puzzles! Worksheets often get boring quickly for our stuents, so we NEED these fun, engaging, and hands-on learning puzzles. Kids won’t even realize the critical thinking and problem solving skills they are using. They will simply love learning and be practicing necessary math skills!
Keep reading to see all the great 3rd grade math puzzles for classroom AND homeschool use.
Repeated practice helps third graders master their math skills. Once you’ve taught the lesson and done some guided practice, it’s time to let them review. My math puzzles are great for this! When you buy the bundle, you can fill a math center for the entire year!
Plus these puzzles keep practice from getting bored. These hands on puzzles will help students stay on task because of the critical thinking and problem solving they will be doing! No more checking out or hating math!
These puzzles are also great for partner work or small groups. Kids that like the social aspect of school will particularly love practicing math in this format!
These puzzles motivate students. They want to finish the puzzle and be successful. They are willing to work hard and figure it out. (And don’t forget – they’ll be working on their perserverance skills too!)
Hands on. Engaging. Fun. This bundle includes all the print AND digital 3rd grade math Magic Square Puzzles I have in my store. No more stress! Promote creativity and critical thinking today!
Ooooo – another fun fact! These bundles are over ***80% off***! I know what a teacher’s budget is like, so I wanted to make these super affordable for you!
Let’s dive into the individual puzzles even more!
Here you see all THIRTY 3rd Grade Math Puzzle downloads included. You can buy each download by clicking the individual links below, or save with the bundles links below.
- Multiplication Facts 0-12*
- Division Facts 0-12*
- Multiplication Unknown Numbers in Equations**
- Determining Missing Dividend*
- Multiplying One Digit Numbers by Multiples of Ten**
- Multiplication by Tens**
- 2 Digit by 1 Digit Division*
- Four Digit Place Value*
- Fractions (halves to twelfths)*
- Equivalent Fractions*
- Simplifying Fractions*
- Fractions that Equal Whole Numbers*
- Rounding to the Nearest 10 and 100 within Hundreds*
- Rounding to the Nearest 10 and 100 and 1000 within Thousands**
- Rounding within 10,000**
- Rounding within 100,000**
- Rounding within Millions*
- Distributive Property of Multiplication*
- Associative Property of Multiplication*
- Distributive Property of Division*
- Adding and Subtracting within 1000*
- Telling Time to the Nearest Minute**
- Units of Time: seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, etc*
- Area of Rectilinear Figures*
- Perimeter of Polygons*
- Rectilinear Perimeter of Polygons*
- Area of Rectilinear Figures with Decimals*
- Perimeter of Rectangles*
- Measuring Area*
- Roman Numerals #5-200**
- Roman Numbers #1-24**
- *PDF and digital options (compatible with Google Slides) included
- **PDF version only
How can these puzzles be used? I’m so glad you asked! Myself and THOUSANDS of others have used these puzzles as math centers, stations, or rotations. They’re also great for review and early or fast finishers. They can be used for enrichment, GATE (gifted and talented students), worksheet alternatives, critical thinking skills, test prep, and even partner or small group collaboration.
If you think your students will need more support, I’ve got you covered! This entire article is written with extension and support ideas. And I can honestly say that I’ve had students with special needs finish these puzzles more quickly than their gifted classmates, and I’ve seen the most studious students have a productive struggle when trying these for the first time. BUT the majority of my students fall in love with these puzzles and honestly beg to do them over again once they understand the concept!
I’ve found that doing a puzzle together as a whole class helps the first time. This way students understand that they are looking for 50×7 on the first puzzle piece matches up to 350 on the second puzzle piece.
Let’s go through all the awesomeness in these 3rd Grade Math Puzzles one more time!
- 30+ different math concepts (with over 200 puzzles included)
- Digital options of most puzzles, compatible with Google Slides
- Editable rubric and exit slip in PowerPoint
If you’re tired of the same old boring 3rd grade math review and want to spice it up, this is it! These hands-on, engaging, and FUN puzzles can be used all year long! You’ll save time in planning, get great review and practice materials, and students will LOVE working on the hands-on 3rd Grade Math Puzzles in an engaging and fun way!
YOUR LAST CHANCE TO PURCHASE IS RIGHT HERE!