These Thanksgiving Math Centers Addition Turkey Puzzles make it quick and easy for teachers to provide hands on activities that meet the needs of all students! This download includes print AND digital options! All three puzzles are engaging and fun. They’re great for your 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade classroom or homeschool students.
WANT TO SAVE SOME MONEY AND HAVE ADDITION MATH SHAPE PUZZLES FOR THE ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR? Check out this bundle!
Let your students practice their addition facts with these fun Turkey Shaped Puzzles. They are perfect for fall, autumn, and Thanksgiving math centers! Each of the three puzzles will have students match 23 different adding problems within 20.
NEED AN EDITABLE PUZZLE TO USE YOUR OWN PROBLEMS? Check out my EDITABLE TURKEY right here!
WHAT YOU GET:
- Three PDF turkey puzzle options (16 pieces each) with 23 addition problems for facts 0-20
- No Prep PDF options of the three puzzles above
- Three digital puzzles compatible with Google Slides
- Two editable rubric options
Would you prefer a THANKSGIVING PUMPKIN math center? Check out this pumpkin math center!
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Centers, stations, or rotations
- digital options for virtual or distance learning
- Review of adding skills
- Early or fast finishers
- GATE (gifted and talented education)
- Worksheet alternatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Student, partner, or small group collaboration
- anytime during Thanksgiving or November
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
• These give my students the ultimate challenge and they love it. These are also super cute to hang up once completed and colored. Thank you!
• This was a great activity for my students. I loved that they really had to think in order to put the puzzle together.
• This was perfect. The students had fun and were learning the entire time. It definitely used some thinking and strategies.
• Kids LOVE this as a center in my math rotations!
• This is a great way for my students to practice addition in a fun and unique way!
• These were great to keep the kiddos busy and engaged practicing their math during the busy pre-Thanksgiving days. A great idea!
If you want an addition puzzle you can use at ANY time of year, check out this set of Addition Magic Square Puzzles.
Let your students practice their addition facts with these fun Turkey Shaped Addition Math Center Puzzles. They are perfect for fall math centers! Each of the three puzzles will have students match 23 different addition problems by matching the 16 puzzle pieces that contains 0-20 facts.
There are two options for the puzzles. One option is each of the three puzzles in its full turkey shape. The other option is the puzzle pieces separate so students do not know the final shape. These “cut out” sheets are meant to be given directly to the students to cut out and put together so they don’t know the shape. These will be more challenging. Plus they are no prep – just print and go!
Plus you also get a digital option where all six puzzles are available in Google Slides. Assign the page you want each student to have – perhaps via Google Classroom – and they can complete it virtually with no copying needed!
An editable PowerPoint file has been included as a center rubric. A full page option and half page option are both included. Print these out for immediate use, or change the wording and format to fit the needs of YOUR students.
This will help address Common Core State Standards 1.OA.C.6 and 2.OA.B.2
These puzzles are meant to be somewhat of a challenge. Students will have to keep in mind the shape of the turkey. The middle pieces will be the most challenging. Tell students to rotate them around until they fit. This is where their critical thinking skills will come into play! These also work well to promote a growth mindset.
Students with special needs also do well with these once they understand the concept. Any student that needs a lesson in perseverance will benefit from these puzzles. With this fun game format your students will stay engaged while practicing necessary skills!
Just print and quickly cut on the lines (or simply print the NO PREP option) and you have instant Thanksgiving math centers that make skill practice fun and engaging. If you have some extra time, let your first, second, or third graders decorate the finished turkey. These colored masterpieces can then be used as artwork for the classroom, to help decorate a bulletin board, or be hung in the hallway to add some festive art flair. (And no administrator complaints since it’s an academic activity!)
Homeschool Families: You’re going to love these puzzles as a last minute, print and go resource! The next time you have a crazy hectic home school day – grab, download, and go! You’ll instantly get your sanity back, fit in some academic work, AND have fun at the same time.
Answer key included! Correcting is easy when you use the original fully formed turkey to ensure all the numbers are in the correct order and the shape is fully created.
Want to receive updates every time I post a new resource? Click here to follow my store now!
Thanks for looking!
Here are some other puzzles that will work well for your Thanksgiving and November celebrations!
Pumpkin Shaped Literacy Puzzles
Pumpkin Shaped Math Puzzles